What if I’ve already talked to people about my idea and they like it?August 19, 2017 by Lee Erickson
A lot depends on who you asked and what you asked them. A good way to see if you have a clear understanding of your customer is to see if you can clearly articulate the answers to the 5 questions below?
- What are 5 key characteristics of your target customer (not demographics only)?
- What is the job (problem/need) your customer is trying to do (solve/meet) and why are they unable to solve it sufficiently today?
- What are the best channels for reaching your target customer?
- What other solutions have your customers tried, and what do they say about those solutions?
- What assumptions are you making about your customer that could “tank” your business if your wrong?
If you are unable to clearly answer all the questions in detail, based on real data from potential customers (not your friens and family), or if others can’t easily understand what you’re talking about, then the Idea TestLab would be a great place to start.
If you have talked to numerous potential customers and can answer the questions based on what you’ve learned from those customers, and others can easily understand what you’re talking about, then the FastTrack Accelerator may be the best program for you.
If you’re not sure, set up a time with us to talk about it.