What if I already have a product or prototype?August 19, 2017 by Lee Erickson
If you already have a prototype or working product, that’s great. The Accelerator program can help you to better define your market, the appropriate channels to drive traffic, the right types of statistics to be tracking, and how best to update or modify your solution based on customer needs.
One question to ask yourself, is whether you have built something based on a deep understand of your target customer, their needs, the solutions they’ve already tried, and the value they are looking for?
If you have a product in the market, how many customers do you have paying for it? That’s a big clue to whether you may need to reassess what you’ve built.
If you can answer the following questions, then the FastTrack Accelerator may be the best program for you.
- What are 5 key characteristics of your target customer (not demographics only)?
- What is the job (problem/need) your customer is trying to do (solve/meet)?
- What are the best channels for reaching your target customer?
- What other solutions have your customers tried, and what do they say about those solutions?
- What assumptions are you making about your customer that could “tank” your business if you’re wrong?
If you are unable to clearly answers the questions above, or others can’t easily understand what you’re talking about, then the Idea TestLab is probably a better place to start.