Our programs are open to everyone (community members, Penn State students, faculty, and staff).
Summer Founders Program
The 2018 Summer Founders program, in partnership with Happy Valley LaunchBox, gives Penn State teams $10,000 each to work on their startup, social good, or non-profit idea for the summer.
- Bi-weekly mentoring sessions with experienced entrepreneurs
- Weekly dinners with other founders, local business leaders, and industry experts
- 24×7 access to the LaunchBox and space in one of our team rooms, with free Wi-Fi, coffee, and printing
Participants must commit to working in State College, PA for the summer (May 16th through August 8th). Participants must also commit to working full-time on their funded project and not take any other internships, jobs, or classes.
This program is best for early stage entrepreneurs who are willing to work full-time on their ventures.
- Feb 22nd (midnight) – applications close
- Feb 26th-27th – team interviews
- Feb 28th – selected teams notified
- March 19th – team kickoff dinner
- May 16th – Aug 1st – weekly dinners
- Aug 8th – Demo Day
Looking for $10K to jump start your venture? The Summer Founders Program may be a great opportunity.